Motorcycle lease is allowed for drivers who have reached 25 years of age and hold a motorcycle licence for at least 2 years. Especially with regard to the G310GS, the respective age limits are 22 years of age for holders of a motorcycle licence for at least 2 years. The licence must be valid, and a copy thereof shall be submitted prior to the lease.
LESSEE’S DRIVING BEHAVIOUR
The driver of the motorcycle must strictly adhere to the Road Traffic Code. All fines of the Traffic Police, Municipal Police and national network authorities (Attiki Odos, Egnatia Odos, Ionia Odos, Patras-Athens-Thessaloniki-Evzonoi Motorway (PATHE), Olympia Odos, MOREAS Motorway, etc.) shall be exclusively borne by the lessee of the motor- cycle.
TERMS OF LEASE
1. The lessee may use the motorcycle exclusively within the Greek territory, unless the parties agree to the contrary. The motorcycle is and will remain the exclusive property of the company and no change shall occur as a result of the lease in the possession, occupation and ownership of the motorcycle.
2. Throughout the lease, in particular from the delivery of the motorcycle to the lessee until its return and collection by the lessor, the motorcycle shall not be driven by any person other than the Lessee or any person indicated in the contract as a designated driver. In any case, any additional authorized driver should fully comply and fulfill all current terms of TERMS OF LEASE, specifically but not limited to driver’s age, driver’s licence clauses, lessee’s driving behaviour, etc.
3. It is totally forbidden to effect any mechanical, technical or visual modification to the Motorcycle as well as any partial or total sub-lease or grant of use, in any way, with or without consideration, to third parties without the written consent of the Lessor.
4. The Lessee shall exercise due diligence in driving and using the Motorcycle, observe its mechanical condition, check the oil level, the tire pressure, etc., take care of and take all appropriate measures for its uninterrupted opera- tion. The Lessee shall also lock the motorcycle with the steering lock and the special disc brake pad, which are available thereto, every time it is parked. The Lessee shall also inform the lessor immediately of any malfunction or damage that may occur to the motorcycle during the lease, being obliged to compensate for any loss to the lessor from its late notification or omission.
5. The lessee or any other person, even if the lessee requests such person to do so, shall not carry out any repair or intervention in general on the motorcycle without the prior consent of the Lessor.
6. The lessee shall not use the Motorcycle:
a. For subleasing purposes or for the transfer of persons or goods for consideration,
b. For the transport of heavy objects or any other items (weapons, drugs, flammable materials, etc.), the transport of which is expressly forbidden by the applicable law or which are likely to cause any danger to the safety of the Motor- cycle or its passengers.
c. To participate in racing or speed racing on the road network,
d. Outside of Greece without the prior written permission of the Lessor,
e. If the Lessee is under the influence of alcohol (with a percentage of blood alcohol content as defined by law), drugs or various psychotropic medicines, heavy antidepressants or strong antihistamines,
f. In breach of any rules of the Road Traffic Code and the applicable law.
g. Without the driver and/or the co-driver wearing a suitable helmet,
h. On roads of unsafe driving and/or dirt roads,
The Company retains the right to request an early return of the motorcycle, any time before the contractually agreed return date, in case of improper use or violation of current TERMS OF LEASE of the motorcycle, and can claim compensation should such inappropriate use be verified. Prices and TERMS OF LEASE may be modified without prior notice.
EXTENSION OF LEASE
The lease term of a motorcycle can be extended after consultation, if the company’s leased motorcycle is available. The extension shall be charged based on the current price list on additional days requested and is prepaid by credit card or bank transfer.
All motorcycles are rented with free mileage during the lease term, within Greece. For leases regarding a trip abroad a special agreement is required.
All motorcycles are covered with comprehensive insurance and third party insurance against theft/fire by ALLIANZ, an official BMW partner. The insurance in question is included in the daily rent. The comprehensive insurance includes an excess according to each model (which is covered by the lessee in the event of an incident)
All motorcycles are covered by the following insurance conditions:
a. CIVIL LIABILITIES TO THIRD PARTIES – Personal Injuries,
b. CIVIL LIABILITIES TO THIRD PARTIES – Damages,
c. CIVIL LIABILITIES INSIDE PORT FACILITIES – Personal Injuries,
d. CIVIL LIABILITIES INSIDE PORT FACILITIES – Material damages,
e. LEGAL PROTECTION INSURANCE,
f. FULL CASCO COVERAGE, DEDUCTIBLE 10% (Optional),
g. FIRE COVERAGE (Optional),
h. TOTAL THEFT COVERAGE, DEDUCTIBLE 10% (Optional),
i. FIRE COVERAGE DURING STRIKES/CASUALTIES, AND CIVIL LIABILITIES FROM FIRE TRANSMISSION (PERSONAL INJURIES – Material damages (Optional),
j. INTEGRATED ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE,
k. INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY NON-INSURED VEHICLE
In the event of an accident or any other incident, the Lessee shall immediately follow the procedure below:
a. The Lessee shall immediately notify the appropriate department of the Traffic Police to deal with the incident,
b. The Lessee shall record the contact details of each third person involved, as well as any other information (photo depiction of the event scene, etc.) and forward it to the company,
c. The Lessee shall not acknowledge any third party claim,
d. The Lessee shall inform the insurance company and EXPRESS SERVICE,
e. The Lessee shall inform the Company immediately in writing.
In any case, the Company shall be the sole beneficiary of compensation, in the event that the insured risk occurs
DAMAGE – THEFT
1. The lessee shall restore in full any damage that may occur to the motorcycle at any point thereof during the term of the lease, arising from any cause and with prior notice to and acceptance by our company and only to workshops authorised by the company, irrespective of any guarantee paid or the applicable insurance coverage. As regards the on-site visit by a technician during the term of the lease, there is an additional cost to be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition, for the time after the occurrence of the accident, during which the motorcycle remains idle due to repair, the customer shall incur the fixed daily cost of 50 euros for as long as the motorcycle is repaired due to the customer’s fault.
2. If the lessee fails to deliver on time or abandons the motorcycle, the lessee shall be liable for the recovery of any direct and consequential loss to the company, incur the costs of finding the motorcycle, and any costs for finding and transporting the motorcycle to the company’s registered office, as well as the necessary costs that will be required for court expenses and legal fees and, in addition, in the event of failure to find it or theft, the purchase price of the motorcycle.
3. In the above cases, the lessee shall compensate the lessor in full, regardless of the insurance cover. If the insurance company compensates the lessor in full of the damage/theft it has suffered, the lessor undertakes to return to the lessee the amount paid by the lessee if the damage has been covered in its entirety, otherwise the lessee has to pay damages to the company for any difference.
The validity of the insurance ceases to apply if the vehicle is driven by a driver other than the one stated in the policy, and/or the motorcycle is inappropriately used for the transportation of heavy or dirty objects or any other dangerous objects (weapons, drugs, inflammable materials, etc), the transportation of which is strictly prohibited by the Greek law, or objects that could put at risk the safety of the motorcycle or its passengers, and/or the motorcycle is used outside of the Greek borders without previous written approval by the Company, and/or the motorcycle is used/driv- en in violation of the Greek Road Traffic Code and the legislation in force, and/or the driver/passenger is not wearing a suitable helmet, and/or the driver is detected by the authorities with alcohol levels higher than the permitted limit and/or is found driving under the influence of prohibited substances or drugs and/or the lessee has exceeded the permitted speed limits. The speed limit is also detected by the official data from the speed recorder of the tracking system installed on the motorcycles. In these cases, all damages likely to be caused to the vehicle shall be borne by the lessee.
Damages caused to the motorcycle by driving outside the asphalt road network shall be borne by the lessee unless an express lease is in place for driving on dirt roads. Damages caused to the motorcycle by driving on a track shall not be covered by the insurance and shall be borne by the lessee in their entirety. Track driving shall be expressly prohibited.
All motorcycles are equipped with a BMW anti-theft system
GPS TRACKING SYSTEM
All motorcycles are equipped with a BMW-certified anti-theft satellite positioning system, which, among other things, allows a direct geographical location of the engine in the event of an accident
All motorbikes are covered throughout mainland Greece and the big islands by the 24/7 EXPRESS SERVICE roadside assistance