The new BMW R1300GS: “Next level GS” features a new boxer engine and new suspension, with significantly reduced weight and increased GS competence all around.
The centerpiece is once again the legendary two-cylinder boxer engine. Its new design is more compact than ever before thanks to a gearbox located under the engine and a new camshaft drive arrangement. From exactly 1 300 cc it produces an output of 107 kW (145 hp) at 7 750 rpm, developing a maximum torque of 149 Nm at 6 500 rpm. This makes it by far the most powerful BMW boxer engine ever to be produced in a series.
At the center of the new suspension is the sheet metal shell main frame made of steel, which in addition to being significantly optimised in terms of installation space also offers higher levels of stiffness than the predecessor model. For the rear frame, the previous tubular steel structure has now been replaced with a die-cast aluminum construction. The new EVO Telelever front wheel guide with flex element and the revised EVO Paralever rear wheel guide also provide even greater steering precision and ride stability.
New electronic Dynamic Suspension Adjustment (DSA), with dynamic adaptation of the damping and spring rate, and also load compensation. Also, the R1300GS features an adaptive vehicle height control.
The highlights of the new BMW R 1300 GS:
• Completely newly designed boxer engine with bottom-mounted gearbox and BMW ShiftCam technology for varying the valve timing and valve stroke on the intake side.
• Most powerful BMW boxer engine ever.
• Powerful response across the entire engine speed range, exemplary fuel consumption, emission levels, running smoothness, and refinement.
• Output and torque: 107 kW (145 hp) at 7 750 rpm and 149 Nm at 6 500 rpm.
• Knock sensor system for optimized travel suitability.
• Completely redesigned suspension with sheet metal shell main frame and die-cast aluminum rear frame. Even greater steering precision and ride stability thanks to the new EVO Telelever with flex element and revised rear wheel guide EVO Paralever.
• Weight reduction of 12 kg compared to the previous model.
• BMW Motorrad Full Integral ABS Pro as standard.
• Four riding modes as standard.
• Engine Drag Torque Control (MSR), Dynamic Brake Assist (DBC) and Hill Start Control (HSC) as standard.
ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN 450
SUPER METEOR 650 CELESTIAL